|
|
|
|
Records: 1 - 40 of 26,931 - Pages: 
  • Cover Image

Photography post 1960 : Sherman's Untitled Film Still #21

By: Beth Harris, Steven Zucker

...Cindy Sherman, Untitled Film Still #21, 1978, gelatin silver print, 7. 5 x 9. 5 inches or 19. 1 x 24. 1 cm (MoMA) Speakers: Dr. Shana Gallagher-Lindsay, Dr. Beth Harris...

Read More
  • Cover Image

1978 in film

Encyclopedia Article

...Film events and Films originally released in the year 1978. Films should not be included directly in this category bu... ...Film events and Films originally released in the year 1978. Films should not be included directly in this category but should app... ...Film events and Films originally released in the year 1978. Films should not be included directly in this category but should appear in... .... Films should not be included directly in this category but should appear in the corresponding subcategory Category:1978 films. ... ... this category but should appear in the corresponding subcategory Category:1978 films. Subcategor... ... category but should appear in the corresponding subcategory Category:1978 films. Subcategories ... ... 1978 film festivals ... ... 1978 film festivals ... ... Pages in category "1978 in film" The following 4 pages are in this category, ou...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The United States Copyright Act of 1976

...s, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is t... ...any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights.h... ... interest to the projected user community of this information. However, in order to have the convenience of access to the complete act available i... ...sounds, if any, regardless of the nature of the material objects, such as films or tapes, in which the works are embodied. The "best edition" of... ...play" a work means to show a copy of it, either directly or by means of a film, slide, television image, or any other device or processor, in the ca... ... material objects, such as books, periodicals, manuscripts, phonorecords, film, tapes, disks, or cards, in which they are embodied. "Motion pictu... ...ecord, any of the works specified by section 106(4). (d) On January 3, 1978, the Register of Copyrights, after consulting with representatives o... ...ny right under a copyright, executed by the author on or after January 1, 1978, otherwise than be will, is subject to termination under the followin... ... laws. 302. Duration of copyright: Works created on or after January 1, 1978. 303. Duration of copyright: Works created but not published or cop...

...1-810. [Sections 106, 107, and 108 of the U.S. Copyright Act are of particular interest to the projected user community of this information. However, in order to have the convenience of access to the complete act available it is provided here in its entirety.] Section 101. Definitions. As used in this title, the following terms and their variant forms mean the following: A...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Encyclopedia Article

... Years: 1975 1976 1977 – 1978 – 1979 1980 1981 ... ...– 1979 1980 1981 1978 in other calendars Gregorian calendar ... ... Gregorian calendar 1978 MCMLXXVIII A... ... 1978 (MCMLXXVIII) was a common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian cal... ...f. January 4 – A referendum in Chile supports the policies of dictator Augusto Pinochet. ... ...– January 15 – The body of former U.S. Vice President Hubert Humphrey lies in state in the Capitol Rotunda, following his death from cancer. ... ... February February 1 – Hollywood film director Roman Polanski skips bail and flees to France, after pleading... ... April 26 Stana Katic, American film actress April 28 – Nate... ... April 22 Basil Dean, English film director and producer (b. 1887) W...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Some Copyright Statutes

By: United States Copyright Office

...s, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is t... ...any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights.h... ... variety of global literacy programs. 60,000 PDF eBooks and PDF eDocuments in 104 languages have been optimized for text to speak. Let your computer r... ...the 1976 Copyright Act (title 17, U.S. Code), which took effect January 1, 1978, and the effect of the 1988 Berne Convention Implementation Act, which... ... notice are described in this circular. Works published before January 1, 1978, are governed by the previous copyright law. Under that law, if a work... ...ation about the copyright notice under the law in effect before January 1, 1978, request Circular 96 Section 202.2, "Copyright Notice", from the Copyr... ...ead, either directly (such as books) or with the aid of a machine (such as films)--is different from the form used for phonorecords of sound recording... ...ce is embodied electronically or photo-mechanically, on the leader of the film or tape immediately preceding the work. For audiovisual works or moti... ... from authors' rights organizations, museums, the publishing industry, the film industry, and the computer software industry. 4 Fifteen written comme...

...f notice is still relevant to the copyright status of older works. This circular discusses both the copyright notice provisions as originally enacted in the 1976 Copyright Act (title 17, U.S. Code), which took effect January 1, 1978, and the effect of the 1988 Berne Convention Implementation Act, which amended the copyright law to make the use of a copyright notice optiona...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Violet (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

... Violet (Ljubica) is a Croatian film directed by Krešo Golik. It was released in 1978. ... ... Violet (Ljubica) is a Croatian film directed by Krešo Golik. It was released in 1978. External links ... ... Violet (Ljubica) is a Croatian film directed by Krešo Golik. It was released in 1978. External links ... ...he Internet Movie Database Categories 1978 films Croatian films ... ...ternet Movie Database Categories 1978 films Croatian films ... ... 1978 films Croatian films Croatian-language films Yugoslav films ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Gardening Without Irrigation : Or Without Much, Anyway

By: Steve Solomon

...s, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is t... ...any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights.h... ...ependence on irrigation. I'm from Michigan. I moved to Lorane, Oregon, in April 1978 and homesteaded on 5 acres in what I thought at the time was... ... on irrigation. I'm from Michigan. I moved to Lorane, Oregon, in April 1978 and homesteaded on 5 acres in what I thought at the time was a cool, ... ...another you have picked up a wet stone from a river or by the sea. A thin film of water clings to its surface. This is adhesion. The more surface ar... ... 2.7 Source: _Fundamentals of Soil Science_. Adhering water films can vary greatly in thickness. But if the water molecules adhering t... ...e force of gravity, and some water flows deeper into the soil. When water films are relatively thick the soil feels wet and plant roots can easily a...

...me Northwest raised-bed gardener named Steve Solomon became worried about his dependence on irrigation. I?m from Michigan. I moved to Lorane, Oregon, in April 1978 and homesteaded on 5 acres in what I thought at the time was a cool, showery green valley of liquid sunshine and rainbows. I intended to put in a big garden and grow as much of my own food as possible....

Read More
  • Cover Image

Camping (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

... Werkteater Release dates 1978 ... ... Language Dutch Camping is a 1978 Dutch film directed bys Thijs Chan... ... Language Dutch Camping is a 1978 Dutch film directed bys Thijs Chanowski. ... ...ng at the Internet Movie Database Categories Dutch-language films Articles to... ...pty sections from July 2010 All articles with empty sections Dutch films 1978 films ... ... All articles with empty sections Dutch films 1978 films All st...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Take Me for a Ride Coming of Age in a Destructive Cult

By: Mark E. Laxer

...XER Classic Literature Collection World Public Library.org OF AGE IN A DESTRUCTIVE CULT Title: TAKE ME FOR A RIDE COMING OF AGE IN A DES... ...s, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is t... ...any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights.h... ...s fortunate he did not drop me off at a mental institution. I met him in 1978, when I was seventeen. Thoreau helped me recall a time, before Atma... ...'s special theory of relativity and The Tao Of Physics. In the spring of 1978, when he was studying physics at the State University of New York at ... ...fourth row-- Atmananda claimed that four was a power number--we watched a film which, at the time, seemed extraordinary. Atmananda sat by the ais... ... had his own view, which was to see them. As a result, I got to see such films as Rocky Horror Picture Show, Dawn of the Dead, and Apocalypse Now. ... ... She had completed medical school in three years and become a disciple in 1978, two months after attending Atmananda's lectures at the New School f... ... meet their gazes. I stood there, bathed by the flickering lights of the film, frightened by the resurfacing conflict. "Maybe it's been me all a...

...After I left Rama?s inner circle in 1985, I occasionally bicycled to Walden Pond, where I read about Thoreau?s experiment with self-reliance. My seven years in the cult of Rama?Dr. Frederick Lenz, who was known early on as Atmananda?had deeply shaken my conf...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Spiral (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

... Release dates 1978 (1978) ... ...guage Polish Spiral (Polish: Spirala) is a 1978 Polish drama film directed by Krzy... ... Polish Spiral (Polish: Spirala) is a 1978 Polish drama film directed by Krzysztof Zanussi whic... ...sh drama film directed by Krzysztof Zanussi which tells the story of a stranger who turns up at a resort hotel in midwinter, behaves rudely towards ot... ... resort hotel in midwinter, behaves rudely towards other guests and disappears the next day. Found half-frozen in the snow he is taken to hospital whe... ...now he is taken to hospital where his story is gradually revealed. It was entered into the 1978 Cannes Film Festival.[1] ... ...ken to hospital where his story is gradually revealed. It was entered into the 1978 Cannes Film Festival.[1] C... ... Categories Use dmy dates from December 2013 1978 films All film ar...

Read More
  • Cover Image

... variety of global literacy programs. 60,000 PDF eBooks and PDF eDocuments in 104 languages have been optimized for text to speak. Let your computer r... ...s dependence on irrigation. I'm from Michigan. I moved to Lorane, Oregon, in April 1978 and homesteaded on 5 acres in what I thought at the time was ... ...nce on irrigation. I'm from Michigan. I moved to Lorane, Oregon, in April 1978 and homesteaded on 5 acres in what I thought at the time was a cool, s... ...l, showery green valley of liquid sunshine and rainbows. I intended to put in a big garden and grow as much of my own food as possible. Two months la... ... another you have picked up a wet stone from a river or by the sea. A thin film of water clings to its surface. This is adhesion. The more surface are... ...clay 2.5 Clay 2.7 Source: _Fundamentals of Soil Science_. Adhering water films can vary greatly in thickness. But if the water molecules adhering to... ...he force of gravity, and some water flows deeper into the soil. When water films are relatively thick the soil feels wet and plant roots can easily ab...

...me Northwest raised-bed gardener named Steve Solomon became worried about his dependence on irrigation. I'm from Michigan. I moved to Lorane, Oregon, in April 1978 and homesteaded on 5 acres in what I thought at the time was a cool, showery green valley of liquid sunshine and rainbows. I intended to put in a big garden and grow as much of my own food as possible. Two month...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Jaganmohini (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

... Sarathi Release dates 1978 ... ... Telugu Jaganmohini (Telugu: జగన్మోహిని) is a 1978 Telugu drama film produced and dir... ... Telugu Jaganmohini (Telugu: జగన్మోహిని) is a 1978 Telugu drama film produced and directed by B. Vittal... ... drama film produced and directed by B. Vittalacharya. The film starring Narasimha Raju and Jayamalini.[1] The film subsequently made in Tamil languag... ...d directed by B. Vittalacharya. The film starring Narasimha Raju and Jayamalini.[1] The film subsequently made in Tamil language. Jagan Mohini became ... ...e film subsequently made in Tamil language. Jagan Mohini became a major hit and even performed better than the films of big stars. ... ... Categories Telugu-language films 1978 films Indian...

Read More
  • Cover Image

...als, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is... ...s any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights... ... his dependence on irrigation. I'm from Michigan. I moved to Lorane, Oregon, in April 1978 and homesteaded on 5 acres in what I thought at the time wa... ...ndence on irrigation. I'm from Michigan. I moved to Lorane, Oregon, in April 1978 and homesteaded on 5 acres in what I thought at the time was a cool,... ...or another you have picked up a wet stone from a river or by the sea. A thin film of water clings to its surface. This is adhesion. The more surface a... ...lty clay 2.5 Clay 2.7 Source: _Fundamentals of Soil Science_. Adhering water films can vary greatly in thickness. But if the water molecules adhering ... ... the force of gravity, and some water flows deeper into the soil. When water films are relatively thick the soil feels wet and plant roots can easily ...

...me Northwest raised?bed gardener named Steve Solomon became worried about his dependence on irrigation. I'm from Michigan. I moved to Lorane, Oregon, in April 1978 and homesteaded on 5 acres in what I thought at the time was a cool, showery green valley of liquid sunshine and rainbows. I intended to put in a big garden and grow as much of my own food as possible. Two month...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Caravans (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

...sal Pictures Release dates November 2, 1978 ... ... Language English--Persian Caravans is a 1978 Iranian-American film direct... ... English--Persian Caravans is a 1978 Iranian-American film directed by James Fargo base... ... James Fargo based on the novel by James A. Michener. Nancy Voyles Crawford wrote the screenplay. The movie was shot in Iran and starred Anthony Quinn... ... 4 External links Plot The story is set in the fictional Middle Eastern c... ...ory is set in the fictional Middle Eastern country of Zadestan in 1948. Mark Miller is stationed at the U.S. Embassy in the fictional city of Kashkhan... ...o from the United States, who has disappeared after her marriage to Colonel Nazrullah several months previously. The film was not well received by Jam... ... Music Mike Batt wrote the score, which has been the most successful element of the film, remaining a bestseller for ... ... The Enforcer (1976) Caravans (1978) ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

American Fairy Tales

By: L. Frank Baum

..., serials, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our miss... ...ncludes any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copy... ... WIZARD OF OZ, ETC. About American Fairy Tales Since its publication in September 1900, L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz has ... ...shows, biographies of Baum, scholarly studies of the significance of the book and film, advertisements, and toys, games, and other Oz-related produc... ...the world.'" (From The Wizard of Oz) Since its appearance, the story has been filmed many times. The Patchwork Girl of Oz was made in 1914, and ... ...elf participated in the project. In 1914-15 Baum was the founding director of Oz Film Manufacturing Company (later Dramatic Features Company) in Lo... ...turn to Oz (1964); The Wizard of Mars (1964); Journey Back to Oz (1971); The Wiz (1978); The Wizard of Oz (1982); Return to Oz (1985); The Wonderful... ...wings in the 1950's - for further information see The Making of the Wizard of Oz (1978). "The idea of starting the film in black-and-white, then goi...

...Excerpt: About American Fairy Tales. Since its publication in September 1900, L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz has become America's greatest and best loved homegrown fairytale. The first totally American fantasy for children, it is one of the most-read children's books. It ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Girlfriends (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

...s. Pictures Release dates August 1978 ... ... Language English Girlfriends is a 1978 comedy-drama film directed by Clau... ... English Girlfriends is a 1978 comedy-drama film directed by Claudia Weill and writ... ..., Susan, supports herself by shooting baby pictures and Bar Mitzvahs while she aims for an exhibit of her work in a gallery. Cast ... ...ca Lindfors as Beatrice Reception Stanley Kubrick brought up the film in 1980 when being interviewed by ... ...ndfors as Beatrice Reception Stanley Kubrick brought up the film in 1980 when being interviewed by Vicen... ...n being interviewed by Vicente Molina Foix at Kubrick's house.[1] Foix: Are you interested in the new paths or trends within curre... ...chrader, Spielberg, Scorsese or DePalma? Kubrick: I think one of the most interesting Hollywood films, well not Hollywood -- American f... ...hat she had done. I thought she made the film extremely well. Awards In 1978, Girlfriends won Bronze Leopard aw...

Read More
  • Cover Image

A Legacy of Leadership

...DOWMENT FOR THE ARTS A LEGACYOF LEADERSHIP A LEGACYOF LEADERSHIP Investing in America’s Living Cultural Heritage Since 1965 Library of Congress Card ... ...: 00-107057 First edition published by the National Endowment for the Arts in September 2000. A LEGACY OF LEADERSHIP Table of Contents National Endow... .....................96 “Art is a nation’s most precious heritage. For it is in our works of art that we reveal ourselves, and to others, the inner vis... ...nd Change. P. Richard Eells 9 a national conference of textile artists, a film festival, lectures, performances and an artist’s residency. “That was ... ...e living in the region. Begun in 1969 as an experiment in community- based filmmaking, Appalshop initially trained area young people in media producti... ...lude the Media Arts Center, the largest single producer and distributor of film and video works about Appalachia and one of the biggest producer-distr... ...stricts picked up the theme. Today 150 Texas schools offer instruction. By 1978, Ortiz was dreaming of a San Antonio mariachi confer- ence. She convin... ...pport for exhibitions, publications, workshops and other programming since 1978. The NEA also awarded $165,000 to help Nexus establish a cash reserve ...

...Excerpt: ?Art is a nation?s most precious heritage. For it is in our works of art that we reveal ourselves, and to others, the inner vision which guides us as a nation. And where there is no vision, the people perish.?...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Youngblood (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article
Read More
  • Cover Image

Corona : America's First Satellite Program

By: J. Kenneth Mcdonald

... by KEVIN C. RUFFNER CIA Cotd War Records Series Editor in Chief J. Kenneth McDonald CIA Documents on the Cuban Missile Crisis, 196... ... Springfield, VA 22161 Requesters outside the US Government not interested in subscription service may purchase specific publications either in paper ... ...Part I: History of CORONA Program 1 1. Kenneth E. Greer, “Corona,” Studies in Intelligence, Supplement, 17 (Spring 1973): l-37. 3 Part II: The Committ... ...that it used satellite systems and imagery for intelligence purposes until 1978. Although President Jimmy Carter then announced that the United States... ...l recovery when DISCOVERER XIV (or Mission 9009), the first satellite with film, returned to earth on 19 August 1960. Six days later, ‘Quoted in Leona... ...ster Dulles and Their Family Network (New York: The Dial Press/James Wade, 1978), p. 432. 1 President Eisenhower and Director of Central Intelligence... ... Central Intelligence Allen DuIles inspected the mission’s photographs. In films “good to very good,” the cam- era had photographed 1 S million square... ...he first successful air catch was made near Hawaii of a capsule of exposed film ejected from a photographic reconnaisstince satellite that had complet...

...Since the CORONA satellite made its first successful flight in August 1960, the Intelligence Community’s overhead reconnaissance programs have been among the nation’s most closely guarded secrets. The end of the Cold War, however, has at last made it possible to declassify both inform...

...Contents PaRe Foreword xi Preface . . . x111 Part I: History of CORONA Program 1 1. Kenneth E. Greer, “Corona,” Studies in Intelligence, Supplement, 17 (Spring 1973): l-37. 3 Part II: The Committee on Overhead Reconnaissance 2. Director of Central Intelligence Directive, Committee on Overhead Reconnaissance (COMOR), 9 August 1960 3. Col. James...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Rathinirvedam (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

... Release dates 8 March 1978 (1978-03-08) ... ... Malayalam Rathinirvedam (English: Adolescent Desire) is a 1978 Malayalam coming-of-age film... ...am Rathinirvedam (English: Adolescent Desire) is a 1978 Malayalam coming-of-age film directed by Bharathan based ... ...arathan based on the novel of the same name written by Padmarajan who also wrote the script. The film's story revolves around a te... ...te the script. The film's story revolves around a teenager (played by Krishnachandran) who falls in love with a woman older than h... ...y Krishnachandran) who falls in love with a woman older than he is (played by Jayabharathi).[2] The storyline of the film miffed many for its sensitiv... ...of the lead as well as garnered appreciation for its narrative. It is said to have redefined the art of movie making in South India, and hence regarde... ...India, and hence regarded as a landmark in Indian film history. The film was also one of the biggest box office hits in Kerala's history. It inspires ... ...e (1977) Nakshathrangale Kaval (1978) ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Trinity Site

...s, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is t... ...any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights.h... ...1945, the world was changed forever when the first atomic bomb was tested in an isolated area of the New Mexico desert. Conducted in the final mont... ... the Atomic Age, 1943-1945. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press, 1978. p. 170. [7] Wilson, Jane S. and Charlotte Serber, eds. Standin... ...the Atomic Age, 1943- 1945. Albuquerque; University of New Mexico Press, 1978. Lamont, Lansing. Day of Trinity. New York: Athenaeum, 1965. R... ...eum's foundation. Adjacent to the low bay is the theater. The featured film is David Wolpers classic 1963 production, Ten Seconds That Shook The ... ...classic 1963 production, Ten Seconds That Shook The World. This excellent film is a 53-minute documentary on the Manhattan Project. Other films rel...

...On Monday morning July 16, 1945, the world was changed forever when the first atomic bomb was tested in an isolated area of the New Mexico desert. Conducted in the final month of World War II by the topsecret Manhattan Engineer District, this test was code named Trinity. The Trinity test took place on the Alamogordo Bombing ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Angela (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

... Release dates April 19, 1978 Running time ... ... Former colonies and territories in Canada ... ... English Angela is a 1978 film directed by Boris Sagal. It stars Sophia Loren and Steve Railsbac... ... English Angela is a 1978 film directed by Boris Sagal. It stars Sophia Loren and Steve Railsback.[1]... ... Films directed by Boris Sagal ... ...5) Made in Paris (1966) ... ... Sherlock Holmes in New York (1976) ... ... Angela (1978) Th... ... Categories English-language films 1978 films Films directed...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Supplemental Copyright Information

By: The United States Copyright Office

...s, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is t... ...any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights.h... ... As Published by The United States Copyright Office (USCO) Included in this Project Gutenberg etext are the following items, published by the ... ...he 1976 Copyright Act (title 17, U.S. Code), which took effect January 1, 1978, and the effect of the 1988 Berne Convention Implementation Act, whic... ...otice are described in this circular. Works published before January 1, 1978, are governed by the previous copyright law. Under that law, if a wor... ...tion about the copyright notice under the law in effect before January 1, 1978, request Circular 96 Section 202.2, "Copyright Notice", from the Copy... ...ad, either directly (such as books) or with the aid of a machine (such as films)--is different from the form used for phonorecords of sound recordin... ...s embodied electronically or photo-mechanically, on the leader of the film or tape immediately preceding the work. For audiovisual works or ... ...from authors' rights organizations, museums, the publishing industry, the film industry, and the computer software industry. 4 Fifteen written comme...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Junoon (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

... Release dates December 14,1978 (December 14,1978) ... ...न, translation: The Obsession) is a critically acclaimed and award-winning 1978 Indian Hindi language film produced by Shashi Kapoor and directed by S... ...on) is a critically acclaimed and award-winning 1978 Indian Hindi language film produced by Shashi Kapoor and directed by Shyam Benegal. The film is t... ...novella, A Flight of Pigeons, set around the Indian Rebellion of 1857. The film also had award-winning soundtrack, composed by Vanraj Bhatia, and cine... ...banda, Naseeruddin Shah, Deepti Naval, Pearl Padamsee and Sushma Seth. The film also featured Shashi and Jennifer's children Karan Kapoor, Kunal Kapoo... ... whose world revolves around breeding carrier pigeons. His younger brother-in-law, Sarfaraz Khan (Naseeruddin Shah) is politically awakened and active... ...h. Freedom fighters attack the local British administrators while they are in Sunday Worship at Church, massacring them all. Miriam Labadoor (Shashi K... ...daus (Shabana Azmi) and anger on part of his brother, who ultimately gives in to the Indian tradition of offering hospitality and sanctuary even to un... ... Released 1978 Genre ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Moral Deliberations in Modern Cinema

By: Sam Vaknin

...SAM VAKNIN Classic Literature Collection World Public Library.org IN MODERN CINEMA Title: MORAL DELIBERATIONS IN MODERN CINEMA Author: S... ...s, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is t... ...any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights.h... ... pursuing this goal. Ripley's reality test is maintained throughout the film. In other words - while he gradually merges with the object of his ad... ... and again, mysteriously, capriciously, cruelly. Thus, ultimately, the film is an intricate study of the pernicious ways of psychopathology. Ment... ...ailable to anyone with a computer. The last decade witnessed a spate of films, all concerned with the confusion between life and the imitations of... ... the Bilateral Relations Studies Award of the American Embassy in Israel (1978). Hundreds of professional articles in all fields of finances and t...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Absolution (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

...Universal Pictures Release dates 1978 ... ... Language English Absolution is a 1978 British thriller film directed by ... ... English Absolution is a 1978 British thriller film directed by Anthony Page and writt... ...lution is a 1978 British thriller film directed by Anthony Page and written by playwright Anthony Shaffer. The film stars Richard Burton as a priest w... ... 7 External links Plot The film centres on Benjamin Stanfield and ... ...er there are any odd jobs he can do but Goddard tells him that there are none available and that he should try in the town. Later,... ...in the town. Later, Father Goddard is watching the handicapped boy, Arthur Dyson, rehearse in the school’s version of the Gilbert ... ...on, it appears that he does not like the boy. Benjamin Stanfield, known as Benji to his friends, is later seen in Father Goddard’s room. He is looking... ...tish comedian Billy Connolly, in his debut film role.[2] Absolution premiered in the UK in 1978 and went on general release in 198...

Read More
  • Cover Image

National Endowment for the Arts

By: James Bradley

... date. It was not until after his death that we learned of the Navy Cross. In his quiet humility he kept that from us.Why was he so silent? I think th... ...he kept that from us.Why was he so silent? I think the answer is summed up in his belief that the true heroes of Iwo Jima were the ones who didn’t com... ... Operation Homecoming is presented by the National Endowment for the Arts in cooperation with the Southern Arts Federation. Operation Homecoming is ... ... the Overseas Press Club’s Hal Boyle Award and was made into a blockbuster film. His magazine article “Finders Keepers” was made into the movie Money ... ...— the military. Many of Clancy’s novels have been adapted into blockbuster films, including The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Presen... .... His first novel, Geronimo Rex (1972), won the William Faulkner Prize. In 1978 Hannah published Airships, a collection of short stories about the Vie... ...e she was born. In 1989, the novel was adapted into a critically acclaimed film directed by Norman Jewison and starring Bruce Willis. Mason’s other bo... ...er Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota. Her books include For the Body (1978); Mama’s Promises (1985); The Homeplace (1990), which won the Annisfie...

...o his wife of forty-seven years he spoke about it only once, on their first date. It was not until after his death that we learned of the Navy Cross. In his quiet humility he kept that from us.Why was he so silent? I think the answer is summed up in his belief that the true heroes of Iwo Jima were the ones who didn?t come back....

...Table of Contents: Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience, iv -- Writers participating in base workshops -- Richard Bausch, 1 -- Mark Bowden, 2 -- Tom Clancy, 3 -- Judith Ortiz Cofer, 4 -- Joe Haldeman, 5 -- Barry Hannah, 6 -- Victor Davis Hanson, 7 -- Andrew Hudgins, 8 -- McKay Jenkins, 9 -- Bobbie Ann Mason, ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Moby Dick (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article
Read More
  • Cover Image

The U.S. Department of Energy National Atomic Museum : Trinity Site

...45, the world was changed forever when the first atomic bomb was tested in an isolated area of the New Mexico desert. Conducted in the final mo... ...Alamos, New Mexico. Today this 3,200 square mile range, partly located in the desolate Jornada del Muerto Valley, is named the White Sands Miss... ...nely and deserted because the ranchers had agreed to vacate their homes in January 1942. They left because the War Department wanted the land t... ...he Atomic Age, 1943-1945. Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press, 1978. p. 170. 21 [7] Wilson, Jane S. and Charlotte Serber... ...e Atomic Age, 1943- 1945. Albuquerque; University of New Mexico Press, 1978. Lamont, Lansing. Day of Trinity. New York: Athenaeum, 1965. ... ...s foundation. Adjacent to the low bay is the theater. The featured film is David Wolpers classic 1963 production, Ten Seconds That Shook Th... ...assic 1963 production, Ten Seconds That Shook The World. This excellent film is a 53-minute documentary on the Manhattan Project. Other films r...

...On Monday morning July 16, 1945, the world was changed forever when the first atomic bomb was tested in an isolated area of the New Mexico desert. Conducted in the final month of World War II by the topsecret Manhattan Engineer District, this test was code named Trinity. The Trinity test took place on the Alamogordo Bombing ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Molière (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

...Molière is a 1978 French drama film directed by Ariane Mnouchkine . It was entered into the 1978 Cannes... ...ch drama film directed by Ariane Mnouchkine . It was entered into the 1978 Cannes Film Festival . Cast Philippe Caubère - Molière / The De... ...ilm directed by Ariane Mnouchkine . It was entered into the 1978 Cannes Film Festival . Cast Philippe Caubère - Molière / The Death Marie-F...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The National Endowment for the Arts

By: Bill Ivey

...ties Act was passed by Congress and signed into law by President Johnson in 1965. It states, “While no government can call a great artist or schola... ...te through its commitment to fostering America’s creativity and investing in our living cultural heritage. By supporting artistic excellence, forgin... ...ements of the Endowment. Foreword The thirty-five year public investment in the arts has paid tremen­ dous dividends. Since 1965, the Endowment has ... ...ts a feasibility study which results in the establishment of the American Film Institute in 1967. Programs of individual grants for choreographers t... ...nal Council, an initial fund of $1.3 million is set aside for an American Film Institute and a series of grants is made in the field of architecture ... ...in Tarrytown, New York, the Council formally recommends that the American Film Institute be established with $1.3 million from the Endowment and mat... ... FEDERAL SUPPORT FOR THE ARTS FISCAL YEAR 1 978 OCT. 1, 1977–SEPT. 30, 1978 he Endowment’s budget stands at $123,850,000. On T October 2, 1977, ... ...osers Fellow- Council on the Arts and the ship from the Music Program in 1978, Morton Subotnick. Photo Humanities and takes an active courtesy Wal... ...cavullo. for all Americans to art of the highest quality.” During Fiscal 1978, he removes grant ceilings to give the advisory panels more discretio...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Awaz (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

...Awaz (Urdu: ﺁﻭﺍﺯ) (English: The Voice) is a Pakistani Urdu colour film, produced and directed by Zafar Shabab. The film cast Mohammad Ali, ... ...d Ali, Waheed Murad, Shabnam, Ghulam Mohiuddin, Naghma and Nanna . The film was released on October 27, 1978 in Pakistani cinemas. Release Awa... ...Ghulam Mohiuddin, Naghma and Nanna . The film was released on October 27, 1978 in Pakistani cinemas. Release Awaz was released by Zafar Art Prod... ...m Mohiuddin, Naghma and Nanna . The film was released on October 27, 1978 in Pakistani cinemas. Release Awaz was released by Zafar Art Productio... ...as. Release Awaz was released by Zafar Art Productions on October 27, 1978 on Pakistani cinemas. It completed 30 weeks in main cinema and 93 week... ...roductions on October 27, 1978 on Pakistani cinemas. It completed 30 weeks in main cinema and 93 weeks on other cinemas in Karachi and thus became ... ... 93 weeks on other cinemas in Karachi and thus became Platinum Jubilee film.http://mazhar.dk/film/database/movies/platinum_jubilee.htm Music Mu... ....http://utube.smashits.com/video/caunGX-FqOc/Suno-Suno-Shehr-Ke-Basio-AWAZ-1978-.html Play back singers are Mehdi Hassan, Ghulam Abbas, A Nayyar, Na...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Jenseits der Schriftkultur

By: Mihai Nadin

...s, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is t... ...any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights.h... ... Inhalt VORWORT ZUR DEUTSCHEN AUSGABE EINLEITUNG: SCHRIFTKULTUR IN EINER SICH WANDELNDEN WELT Alternativen Jenseits der Schriftkult... ... Nadin Buch IV. Kapitel 1: Sprache und Bild Photo, Film und Fernsehen haben die Welt mehr verändert als Gutenbergs Druckmasch... ...en haben die Welt mehr verändert als Gutenbergs Druckmaschine. Besonders Film und Fernsehen bekommen die Schuld für den Niedergang der Schrift- und... ...auft. In vielen Ländern haben die meisten Kinder ausgiebige Fernseh- und Filmerfahrungen, bevor sie lesen können; in einigen Ländern können sie sog... ...Land Photography. 1st edition, revised. Boston: New York Graphic Society, 1978. Craig E. Aronoff, Editor. Business and the Media. Santa Monica C... ...rinter's Ink, 1921. Roland Barthes. Leçon., Paris: Editions du Seuil, 1978. Jacques Barzun. The Forgotten Conditions of Teaching and Learning... .... Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge. London: Verson Edition,1978. —Feyerabend. Three Dialogues on Knowledge. Oxford, England/Camb...

...entwirft, der Mensch verwirft. Jenseits der Schriftkultur Ein bewegliches Ziel Der weise Fuchs ?Und zwischen uns der Abgrund? Wiedersehen mit Malthus In den Fesseln der Schriftkultur...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Rockers (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

...Rockers is a 1978 Jamaica n film by Theodoros Bafaloukos. Several popular reggae artists star in the mo... ...amaica n film by Theodoros Bafaloukos. Several popular reggae artists star in the movie, including Leroy "Horsemouth" Wallace, Burning Spear, Grego... ... showing the reggae culture at its peak. With a budget of JA$500, 000, the film was completed in two months. In this film, the culture, characters an... ... culture at its peak. With a budget of JA$500, 000, the film was completed in two months. In this film, the culture, characters and mannerisms are au... ...h" Wallace, for example, is shown living with his actual wife and kids and in his own home. The recording studios shown are the famous Harry J Studio... ...oots reggae artists recorded during the 1970s including Bob Marley . The film includes Kiddus I 's recording of "Graduation In Zion" at the studio,... ... recording when Bafaloukos visited the studio. Rockers premiered at the 1978 San Francisco Film Festival and had a theatrical release in the US i...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Jenseits der Schriftkultur

By: Mihai Nadin

...s, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is t... ...any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights.h... ... Inhalt VORWORT ZUR DEUTSCHEN AUSGABE EINLEITUNG: SCHRIFTKULTUR IN EINER SICH WANDELNDEN WELT Alternativen Jenseits der Schriftkult... ... Nadin Buch IV. Kapitel 1: Sprache und Bild Photo, Film und Fernsehen haben die Welt mehr veraendert als Gutenbergs Druckmasc... ...n haben die Welt mehr veraendert als Gutenbergs Druckmaschine. Besonders Film und Fernsehen bekommen die Schuld fuer den Niedergang der Schrift- u... ...uft. In vielen Laendern haben die meisten Kinder ausgiebige Fernseh- und Filmerfahrungen, bevor sie lesen koennen; in einigen Laendern koennen sie ... ...Land Photography. 1st edition, revised. Boston: New York Graphic Society, 1978. Craig E. Aronoff, Editor. Business and the Media. Santa Monica C... ...rinter's Ink, 1921. Roland Barthes. Lecon., Paris: Editions du Seuil, 1978. Jacques Barzun. The Forgotten Conditions of Teaching and Learning... .... Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge. London: Verson Edition,1978. —Feyerabend. Three Dialogues on Knowledge. Oxford, England/Camb...

...entwirft, der Mensch verwirft. Jenseits der Schriftkultur Ein bewegliches Ziel Der weise Fuchs ?Und zwischen uns der Abgrund? Wiedersehen mit Malthus In den Fesseln der Schriftkultur...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Nativity (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

...The Nativity is a 1978 television film starring Madeleine Stowe as Mary, set around the Nativity of Jesu... ...we as Mary, set around the Nativity of Jesus and based on the accounts in the canonical Gospels of Matthew and Luke, in the apocryphal gospels ... ... and Luke, in the apocryphal gospels of Pseudo-Matthew and James, and in the Golden Legend . It was directed by Bernard L. Kowalski, written... ...Bernard L. Kowalski, written by Morton S. Fine and Millard Kaufman, and filmed in Almería, Spain. Cast Madeleine Stowe - Mary John Shea - ... ... L. Kowalski, written by Morton S. Fine and Millard Kaufman, and filmed in Almería, Spain. Cast Madeleine Stowe - Mary John Shea - Joseph ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Some Copyright Statutes

By: The United States Copyright Office

...als, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference works in a number of languages and countries around the world. Our mission is... ...s any service that offers this file for download or commercial distribution in any form, (See complete disclaimer http://WorldLibrary.net/Copyrights... ...ircular discusses both the copyright notice provisions as originally enacted in the 1976 Copyright Act (title 17, U.S. Code), which took effect Januar... ...n the 1976 Copyright Act (title 17, U.S. Code), which took effect January 1, 1978, and the effect of the 1988 Berne Convention Implementation Act, whi... ...the notice are described in this circular. Works published before January 1, 1978, are governed by the previous copyright law. Under that law, if a wo... ...rmation about the copyright notice under the law in effect before January 1, 1978, request Circular 96 Section 202.2, "Copyright Notice", from the Cop... ... read, either directly (such as books) or with the aid of a machine (such as films)−−is different from the form used for phonorecords of sound recordi... ... is embodied electronically or photo−mechanically, on the leader of the film or tape immediately preceding the work. For audiovisual works o... ...es from authors' rights organizations, museums, the publishing industry, the film industry, and the computer software industry. 4 Fifteen written com...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Pretty Baby (1978 film)

Encyclopedia Article

...Pretty Baby is a 1978 American historical fiction and drama film directed by Louis Malle, and starring Brooke Shields, Keith Carradine,... ...y was written by Polly Platt. The plot focuses on a 12-year-old prostitute in the red light district of New Orleans at the turn of the 20th century. ... ...istrict of New Orleans at the turn of the 20th century. The title of the film is inspired by the Tony Jackson song, "Pretty Baby", which is used in ... ...he film is inspired by the Tony Jackson song, "Pretty Baby", which is used in the soundtrack. Although the film was mostly praised by critics, it was ... ...Jackson song, "Pretty Baby", which is used in the soundtrack. Although the film was mostly praised by critics, it was wildly controversial at the time... ...f the nude Brooke Shields, who was 12 years old at the time. Plot summary In 1917, during the last months of legal prostitution in Storyville, the re... ...-old Brooke Shields were controversial.McMurran, Kristen., People (May 29, 1978). As a result, the original 109-minute film was edited to 106 minutes ... ...ginal film of the year to date.."Canby, Vincent. New York Times (April 5, 1978). Similarly, Chicago Sun-Times critic Roger Ebert discussed how "... ... ... and a sad chapter of Americana."Ebert, Roger. Chicago Sun-Times (June 1, 1978). He also praised Shields' performance, writing that she "... really c...

Read More
  • Cover Image

National Center for Education Statistics Survey Report May 2001 the Status of Academic Libraries in the United States Results from the 1996 Academic Library Survey with Historical Comparisons

By: Maggie Cahalan

...ATISTICS Survey Report May 2001 The Status of Academic Libraries in the United States Results from the 1996 Academic Library Surv... ...ATISTICS Survey Report May 2001 The Status of Academic Libraries in the United States Results from the 1996 Academic Library Surv... ...nd Statistics and the IPEDS Library Project Advisory Committee were instrumental in designing the survey and shaping the content of what is presented... ...ples are art originals, prints, reproductions, slides, photographs, posters, and films without sound. § Sound recordings are audio items that are s... ...ings are audio items that are stored mechanically or electronically, or both. § Films and video materials include films produced in a variety of siz... ...ment documents; • current serials; • graphic materials; • sound recordings; • film and video materials; • computer files; • linear feet of manus... ...ands 1974…. 447,059 57.3 23,242 3.0 4,434 1976…. 481,442 57.9 22,367 2.7 4,670 1978…. 519,895 62.3 21,608 2.6 4,775 1981…. 567,826 63.0 19,507 2.2...

...Division. The American Library Association (ALA) Office of Research and Statistics and the IPEDS Library Project Advisory Committee were instrumental in designing the survey and shaping the content of what is presented in the report. Members of the IPEDS Library Project Advisory Committee during the time of the study were; Julia Blixrud, Association of Research Libraries; ...

...Table of Contents: Acknowledgments, i -- Highlights, iii -- The Status of Academic Libraries, 1996, 1 -- Introduction, 1 -- Topics Covered in the Report, 1 -- Definitions of Key Terms Used in the Report, 2 -- Coverage and Response, 6 -- Classifications Used in the Report, 7 -- Methodological Caution, 7 -- Number and Diversity of Academic Libraries, 9 -- Historic...

Read More

|
|
|
|
Records: 1 - 40 of 26,931 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from School eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.