World Library  

Search Results (289,160 titles)

Searched over 21.6 Million titles in 24.95 seconds

Federated Media Type

Records: 149301 - 149320 of 289,160 - Pages: 
  • Cover Image

Nurarihyon No Mago 190 : Time of Purification

By: Hiroshi Shiibashi

Description:The manga is about Rikuo Nura, a kid that is 3/4 human and 1/4 youkai. He lives in a house full of spirits alongside his grandfather who is the leader of the youkai. Rikuo is destined to take over his grandfather leadership but his human side has no interest. Rikuo is just a normal kid who has no interest to become the leader of youkai....

Read More
  • Cover Image

Gintama : Issue 296: the Poster Board Store's Poster Girl Has Enough Trouble with Two Place Cards

By: Hideaki Sorachi

Description:

Read More
  • Cover Image

Tim Holt: Issue 40

By: Magazine Enterprises

Description: The first Tim Holt comic appeared in Magazine Enterprises' anthology series A-1 Comics with issue #14 in 1948. It had a drawn cover with an upper left corner medallion containing a head shot of Tim. Of course, Tim's movie series had started many years earlier in 1940, and after wartime interruption (he won the Distinguished Flying Cross), the films resumed in 1947. A-1 Comics #17 and 19 also featured Tim now with photo covers (19 has a photo back cover, too). With the next issue, (#4 dated January/February 1949,) Tim's series became independent of the A-1 series. The photo covers continued as did the phrases 'Cowboy Star of the Movies' and 'Western Adventures' on each cover. Issue 5 and 6 also had photo back covers. The photo front covers lasted through issue 16, returning one last time with issue 18. In issue 17, Tim was back to an upper left head shot and the rest of the cover presented a striking drawing of the new comic sensation, the Ghost Rider! Issue 19 had a drawn cover of Tim with the photo medallion again. The comic ended with a page showing a cowboy all in red, wearing a Durango Kid style mask. 'Comi...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Essays, Political, Economical and Philosophical, Vol. 1

By: Benjamin Rumford

Objects in view: I was desirous of showing to the world that I had not presumed to publish an account of public measures and institutions, planned and executed in your Electorial Highness?s dominions, by your orders, and under your immediate authority and protection, without your leave and approbation. I was also desirous of availing myself of the illustrious name of a Sovereign eminently distinguished by his munificence in promoting useful knowledge, and by his solicitude for the happiness and prosperity of his subjects, to recommend the important objects I have undertaken to investigate, to the attention of the Great, the Wise, and the Benevolent. And lastly, I was anxious to have an opportunity of testifying, in a public manner, my gratitude to your most Serene Electoral Highness for all your kindness to me; and more especially for the distinguished honor you have done me by selecting and employing me as an instrument in your hands of doing good....

Contents Dedication First Essay An account of an Establishment for the Poor at Munich Second Essay On the Fundamental Principles on which General Establishments for the Relief of the Poor may be formed in all Countries. Third Essay Of Food and Particularly of Feeding the Poor. Fourth Essay Of Chimney Fire-places with proposals for improving them to save Fuel; to render dwelling-houses more Comfortable and Salubrious, and effectually to prevent Chimnies from Smoking. Fifth Essay A Short Account of several public institutions lately formed in Bavaria. together with the Appendix to the First Volume. Dedication To his most serene highness THE ELECTOR PALATINE reigning duke of bavaria. etc. etc. etc. SIR, In requesting permission to dedicate to you most Serene Electoral Highness these Essays, I had several important 3...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Mamusse Wunneetupanatamwe Up-Biblum God-Naneeswe Nukkone Testament Kah Wonk Wusku Testament

By: Eliot, John
Read More
  • Cover Image

Klein Zaches, Genannt Zinnober

By: E. T. A. Hoffman

Excerpt: Erstes Kapitel Der kleine Wechselbalg. Dringende Gefahr einer Pfarrersnase. Wie Fuerst Paphnutius in seinem Lande die Aufklaerung einfuehrte und die Fee Rosabelverde in ein Fraeuleinstift kam. Unfern eines anmutigen Dorfes, hart am Wege, lag auf dem von der Sonnenglut erhitzten Boden hingestreckt ein armes zerlumptes Bauerweib. Vom Hunger gequaelt, vor Durst lechzend, ganz verschmachtet, war die Unglueckliche unter der Last des im Korbe hoch aufgetuermten duerren Holzes, das sie im Walde unter den Baeumen und Straeuchern muehsam aufgelesen, niedergesunken, und da sie kaum zu atmen vermochte....

Table of Contents: Klein Zaches, genannt Zinnober, 1 -- E. T. A. Hoffmann, 1 -- Erstes Kapitel, 2 -- Zweites Kapitel, 9 -- Drittes Kapitel, 14 -- Viertes Kapitel, 20 -- Fuenftes Kapitel, 25 -- Sechstes Kapitel, 32 -- Siebentes Kapitel, 38 -- Achtes Kapitel, 43 -- Neuntes Kapitel, 48 -- Letztes Kapitel, 54...

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Republic

By: Plato

Excerpt: THE Introduction The Republic of Plato is the longest of his works with the exception of the Laws, and is certainly the greatest of them. There are nearer approaches to modern metaphysics in the Philebus and in the Sophist; the Politicus or Statesman is more ideal; the form and institutions of the State are more clearly drawn out in the Laws; as works of art, the Symposium and the Protagoras are of higher excellence. But no other Dialogue of Plato has the same largeness of view and the same perfection of style; no other shows an equal knowledge of the world, or contains more of those thoughts which are new as well as old, and not of one age only but of all. Nowhere in Plato is there a deeper irony or a greater wealth of humor or imagery, or more dramatic power. Nor in any other of his writings is the attempt made to interweave life and speculation, or to connect politics with philosophy. The Republic is the centre around which the other Dialogues may be grouped; here philosophy reaches the highest point to which ancient thinkers ever attained. Plato among the Greeks, like Bacon among the moderns, was the first who conceived...

Table of Contents: The Republic, 1 -- Plato, 1

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Poison Belt

By: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Excerpt: Chapter 1. THE BLURRING OF LINES. It is imperative that now at once, while these stupendous events are still clear in my mind, I should set them down with that exactness of detail which time may blur. But even as I do so, I am overwhelmed by the wonder of the fact that it should be our little group of the ?Lost World? ? Professor Challenger, Professor Summerlee, Lord John Roxton, and myself ? who have passed through this amazing experience. When, some years ago, I chronicled in the Daily Gazette our epoch?making journey in South America, I little thought that it should ever fall to my lot to tell an even stranger personal experience, one which is unique in all human annals and must stand out in the records of history as a great peak among the humble foothills which surround it. The event itself will always be marvellous, but the circumstances that we four were together at the time of this extraordinary episode came about in a most natural and, indeed, inevitable fashion. I will explain the events which led up to it as shortly and as clearly as I can, though I am well aware that the fuller the detail upon such a subject the ...

Table of Contents: The Poison Belt, 1 -- Arthur Conan Doyle, 1s

Read More
  • Cover Image

Skip Beat 15 : Through Thick and Thin

By: Yoshiki Nakamura

Description:Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou 66: Persimmon: Yokohama Shopping Trip, Yokohama Shopping Log, Yokohama Shopping Trip, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikå

By: Hitoshi Ashinano

Description: This is the story of Alpha Hasseno, an Alpha 7 M2 series robot. Left by her owner, she appears and acts fully human while running a small coffee shop named Cafe Alpha. It is a light-hearted story about the people Alpha comes into contact with behind the backdrop of a futuristic country-side in Japan. As we meet Alpha, she makes a shopping trip to Yokohama....

Read More
  • Cover Image

Detective School Q (Tantei Gakuen Q) : Issue 48

By: Yuya Aoki

Description: Detective School Q is the story of a group of young students from Class Q of Dan Detective School (DDS), a prestigious and renowned detective academy founded by Morihiko Dan, the most famous detective in Japan, and the adventures and mysteries they unfold and solve together. They eventually work against Pluto, a mysterious organization which creates almost fool-proof plans that only a handful of detectives can solve. (taken from Wikipedia) Story written under the penname Amagi, Seimaru....

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Jousting of Our Lady

By: Isabel Butler

The Jousting of Our Lady. Sweet Jesus, what a fair feat of arms he doth, and how nobly he bears his part in the tourney who of good will entereth the minster wherein is celebrated the holy mystery of the sweet son of the Virgin Mother. To show this I will now tell a story, even as I found it in the book of examples. A knight, sage and courteous, hardy and of great valiance, that none in all chivalry was of so great worship, held ever in great love Mary the Virgin. To prove his valiance and to exercise his body in feats of arms he was on his way to a tourney, armed and fortified in his joy. So it befell on the day of the jousting, that he to please God rode forth full hastily, for fain would he be first in the field. But anon from a church hardby he heard the bells give signal of the singing of holy mass. And straightway the knight turned into the church to listen to the service of God. Within they sang nobly and devoutly a mass in praise of Mary the Holy Virgin; and then straightway they began another. Full well the knight gave ear and prayed with good heart to Our Lady....

NA

Read More
  • Cover Image

Naruto 280 : Entrusted Feelings

By: Masashi Kishimoto

Description: Before Naruto's birth, a great demon fox had attacked the Hidden Leaf Village. A man known as the 4th Hokage sealed the demon inside the newly born Naruto, causing him to unknowingly grow up detested by his fellow villagers. Despite his lack of talent in many areas of ninjutsu, Naruto strives for only one goal: to gain the title of Hokage, the strongest ninja in his village. Desiring the respect he never received, Naruto works towards his dream with fellow friends Sasuke and Sakura and mentor Kakashi as they go through many trials and battles that come with being a ninja....

Read More
  • Cover Image

Outlanders 31

By: Jouji Manabe

Description: In the midst of a violent invasion of Earth by unknown alien forces, photojournalist Wakatsuki Tetsuya comes across a scantily-clad alien woman, cutting a swath of death through the Terran ranks with her sword. After a chaotic struggle, Tetsuya is knocked unconscious, only to awaken aboard her starship. To his surprise, she turns out to be Kahm, the invaders' princess - and she has picked Tetsuya for a starring role in her upcoming wedding. As the groom....

Read More
  • Cover Image

Occasional Papers of the Wolfenden Society on Tibeto-Burman Linguistics

By: Lehman, K. F.
Read More
  • Cover Image

Woman on the American Frontier

By: William Worthington Fowler

Preface: The history of our race is the record mainly of men?s achievements, in war, in statecraft and diplomacy. If mention is made of woman it is of queens and intriguing beauties who ruled and schemed for power and riches, and often worked mischief and ruin by their wiles. The story of woman?s work in great migrations has been told only in lines and passages where it ought instead to fill volumes. Here and there incidents and anecdotes scattered through a thousand tomes give us glimpses of the wife, the mother, or the daughter as a heroine or as an angel of kindness and goodness, but most of her story is a blank which never will be filled up. And yet it is precisely in her position as a pioneer and colonizer that her influence is the most potent and her life story most interesting....

Table of Contents: Woman on the American Frontier, 1 -- William Worthington Fowler, 1 -- Preface, 2 -- Chapter I. WOMAN AS A PIONEER, 13 -- Chapter II. THE FRONTIER?LINE?WOMAN'S WORK IN FLOODS AND STORMS, 20 -- Chapter III. EARLY PIONEERS?WOMAN'S ADVENTURES AND HEROISM, 28 -- Chapter IV. THE BLOCK HOUSE, AND ON THE INDIAN TRAIL, 37 -- Chapter V. THE CAPTIVE SCOUTS?THE GUARDIAN MOTHER OF THE MOHAWK, 44 -- Chapter VI. PATRIOT WOMEN OF THE REVOLUTION, 53 -- Chapter VII. MOVING WEST?PERILS OF THE JOURNEY, 64 -- Chapter VIII. HOMESTEAD?LIFE IN THE BACKWOODS AND ON THE PRAIRIE, 72 -- Chapter IX. SOME REMARKABLE WOMEN, 81 -- Chapter X. ROMANCE OF THE BORDER, 89 -- Chapter XI. PATHETIC PASSAGES OF PIONEER LIFE, 97 -- Chapter XII. THE HEROINES OF THE SOUTHWEST, 105 -- Chapter XIII. WOMAN'S EXPERIENCE ON THE NORTHERN BORDER, 115 -- Chapter XIV. ENCOUNTERS WITH WILD BEASTS?COURAGE AND DARING, 124 -- Chapter XV. ACROSS THE CONTINENT?ON THE PLAINS, 136 -- Chapter XVI. WOMAN AS A MISSIONARY TO THE INDIANS, 143 -- Chapter XVII. WOMAN AS A MISSIONARY TO THE INDIANS?(CONTINUED), 150 -- Chapter XVIII. WOMAN IN THE ARMY, 157 -- Chapter XIX. ACROSS THE...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan 101: Shut It, You Diaper Wearing Freak!: Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, Yankii-kun to Megane-chan, the Yankee Boy and Glasses Girl, Flunk Punk Rumble

By: Yoshikawa Miki

Description: Shinagawa Daichi is a high school delinquent who just wants to be left alone. However, class rep Adachi Hana will stop at nothing to get him to go on the upcoming Social Studies field trip. What are her true motives behind getting a yankee like Shinagawa to go on such a thing? (Source: Unlife Studios)...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Cowboy Western : Issue 28

By: Charlton Comics
Read More
  • Cover Image

The Spectre Bridegroom

By: William Hunt

Excerpt: LONG, long ago a farmer named Lenine lived in Boscean. He had but one son, Frank Lenine, who was indulged into waywardness by both his parents. In addition to the farm servants, there was one, a young girl, Nancy Trenoweth, who especially assisted Mrs Lenine in all the various duties of a small farmhouse. Nancy Trenoweth was very pretty, and although perfectly uneducated, in the sense in which we now employ the term education, she possessed many native graces, and she had acquired much knowledge, really useful to one whose aspirations would probably never rise higher than to be mistress of a farm of a few acres. Educated by parents who had certainly never seen the world beyond Penzance, her ideas of the world were limited to a few miles around the Land?s?End. But although her book of nature was a small one, it had deeply impressed her mind with its influences. The wild waste, the small but fertile valley, the rugged hills, with their crowns of cairns, the moors rich in the golden furze and the purple heath, the sea?beaten cliffs and the silver sands, were the pages she had studied, under the guidance of a mother who conceiv...

Table of Contents: The Spectre Bridegroom, 1 -- WILLIAM HUNT, 1

Read More
  • Cover Image

Crepuscule 2: 2: Crepuscule (Tiero), Crepuscule (Tiero/Muchi)

By: Tiero

Description: Orphaned Lark Alfen is taken to his new home by distant relatives. It hass been said that his late mother was a vampire, so everyone is scared of him and doesn`t want him around. He gets bullied a lot until, one day, he meets a black-haired boy named Setz who has red eyes like him. They become friends. But as a rumor spreads that Lark is also a vampire, his guardians decide to send him back to the orphanage. When Lark hears about their plans, he decides to run away, and Setz invites him to his home ... in the world of real vampires...

Read More

Records: 149301 - 149320 of 289,160 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from School eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.