World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

I'll Never Stop Loving You (1955 song)

Article Id: WHEBN0005666305
Reproduction Date:

Title: I'll Never Stop Loving You (1955 song)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Love Me or Leave Me (film), The Academy Award-Winning "Call Me Irresponsible" and Other Hit Songs from the Movies, Sammy Cahn, I'll Never Stop Loving You, Wake the Town and Tell the People
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:

I'll Never Stop Loving You (1955 song)

"I'll Never Stop Loving You" is a popular music song, with music written by Nicholas Brodzsky and lyrics by Sammy Cahn for the 1955 film Love Me or Leave Me. The song was published in 1955.

The recording by Doris Day was released as Columbia Records (Love Me or Leave Me (Doris Day album)) as catalog number 40505.[1] It first reached the Billboard magazine charts on July 23, 1955. On the Disk Jockey chart, it peaked at #13; on the Best Seller chart, at #15; on the composite chart of the top 100 songs, it reached #93 (a misleading figure, because the top-100 list was started by Billboard after the peak of the song's popularity).[2]

The song was nominated for the 1955 Academy Award for Best Original Song but lost to "Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing" from Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing.

British singer David Whitfield recorded a cover version in 1956. Andy Williams released a version of the song on his 1964 album, The Academy Award-Winning "Call Me Irresponsible" and Other Hit Songs from the Movies.

External links

1. ^ Columbia Records in the 40500 to 40999 series
  2. ^  

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.

Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.

By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from School eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.