Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Kiss Me Again (1931 film)

Article Id: WHEBN0010268339
Reproduction Date:

Title: Kiss Me Again (1931 film)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Musical film, Warner Bros., Walter Pidgeon, Edward Everett Horton, Lee Garmes, List of musical films by year, Frank McHugh, Henry Blossom, Kiss Me Again, William A. Seiter
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:

Kiss Me Again (1931 film)

Kiss Me Again
Theatrical release poster
Directed by William A. Seiter
Written by Julien Josephson
Paul Perez
based on the operetta by Victor Herbert and Henry Martyn Blossom.
Starring Bernice Claire
Walter Pidgeon
Edward Everett Horton
Frank McHugh
June Collyer
Music by Victor Herbert
Cinematography Lee Garmes
Alfred Gilks (Technicolor)
Edited by Alexander Hall
Distributed by First National Pictures: A Subsidiary of Warner Bros.
Release dates February 21, 1931
Running time 76 minutes
Country United States
Language English

Kiss Me Again (1931) is a musical operetta film filmed entirely in Technicolor. It was originally released in the United States as Toast of the Legion late in 1930, but was quickly withdrawn when Warner Bros. realized that the public had grown weary of musicals. The Warner Bros. believed that this attitude would only last for a few months, but, when the public proved obstinate, they reluctantly re-released the film early in 1931 after making a few cuts to the film.[1] [2]

The film is a remake of the 1926 silent First National film Madamoiselle Modiste, now a lost film.

Music

When the film was re-released in 1931, most of Walter Pidgeon's songs were cut from the film. Only a small abbreviated version of one of his songs is heard on the existing print.

Songs

• Ah! But in Dreams So Fair
  • Alas! To Part, How Great the Sorrow
  • I Want What I Want When I Want It
  • If I Were On the Stage
  • Kiss Me Again
  • The Mascot of the Troop
  • Clothes Parade
  • A Make Believe Ladies Man
  • Pan Americana
  • Ballet Medley
  • Air de Ballet
  • The Time, the Place and the Girl

Preservation

Only a black-and-white copy of the cut print released in 1931 in the United States seems to have survived. The complete film was released intact in countries outside the United States under the title of Toast of the Legion where a backlash against musicals never occurred. It is unknown whether a copy of this full version still exists.

Cast

See also

References

1. ^ The American Film Institute Catalog Feature Films: 1931-40 by The American Film Institute, c. 1993
  2. ^ , at the Knickerbocker Theatre, December 25, 1905; IBDb.comMlle. Modiste produced on Broadway as the operetta Kiss Me Again

External links

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.

Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.

By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from School eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.