Language: English
Subject: Literature & thought, Literature and history, Literature & philosophy
Collections: Project Gutenberg Consortia Center
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: Project Gutenberg Consortia Center

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Mundy, T. (n.d.). The Eye of Zeitoon. Retrieved from http://community.schoollibrary.com/

Excerpt
Chapter I.. Parthians, Medes and Elamites. SALVETE!. Oh ye, who tread the trodden path. And keep the narrow law. In famished faith that Judgment Day. Shall blast your sluggard mists away. And show what Moses saw!. Oh thralls of subdivided time. Hours Measureless I sing. That own swift ways to wider scenes. New-plucked from heights where Vision preens. A white, unwearied wing!. No creed I preach to bend dull thought. To see what I shall show. Nor can ye buy with treasured gold

Table of Contents
CONTENTS Chapter Page I Parthians, Medes and Elamites .............................. 1 II How did sunshine get into the garden? By whose leave came the wind? .............................................. 21 III Sahib, there is always work for real soldiers! ......... 40 IV We are the robbers, effendi! ............................ 52 V Effendi, that is the heart of Armenia burning! ........... 74 VI Passing the buck to Allah! ............................. 91 VII We hold you to your word! .............................. 118 VIII I go with that man! ................................... 128 IX And you left your friend to help me? ................... 142 X When I fire this pistol-- ................................ 163 XI That man's dose is death, and he dies unshriven! ....... 176 XII America's way with a woman is beyond belief! .......... 195 XIII 'Take your squadron and go find him, Rustum Khan!' And I, sahib, obeyed my lord bahadur's orders. ......... 211 XIV Rajput, I shall hang you if you make more trouble!...... 229 XV Scenery to burst the heart! ............................. 243 XVI What care I for my belly, sahib, if you break my heart? 257 XVII I knew what to expect of the women! .................. 277 XVIII Per terram et aquam .................................. 290 XIX Such drilling as they have had--such little drilling! .. 303 XX So few against so many! I see death, and I am not sorry! 316 XXI Those who survive this night shall have brave memories!. 333 XXII God go with you to the States, effendim! .............. 349

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from School eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.