Format Type: PDF eBook
File Size: 562.02 KB.
Reproduction Date: 2003
Full Text

Title: The Role of a Federal Arts Agency  
Author: Jacobs, Vance
Volume:
Language: English
Subject: Government publications, Department of Education pub, Education.
Collections: Educational Resource Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: U.S. Department of Education

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Jacobs, V. (n.d.). The Role of a Federal Arts Agency. Retrieved from http://community.schoollibrary.com/

Excerpt
Excerpt: The role of a federal agency in funding the arts is often misunderstood--and for very good reasons. The American system of arts philanthropy is complex and ever changing. As Chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts, I have constantly been impressed by the ingenious diversity and endless creativity of ways in which the arts are funded in the United States. I thought it might be useful to provide--for both Americans and an international audience--a concise overview of how America?s unique system of arts philanthropy works.

Table of Contents
Table of Contents: Preface by Dana Gioia, v -- I. Introduction, 1 -- II. Direct Public Support for the Arts, 3 -- III. Other Public Support for the Arts and Culture, 8 -- IV. Private Giving and Tax Incentives, 15 -- References, 23

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from School eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.